The Thrifting Atlanta Fashion Swap is scheduled for Saturday, August 2nd 2pm at B & R Thrift Store, 6650 Roswell Road NE, Atlanta 30328. The fee to participate is $15 (with a clothing donation, minimum of 3 items)/$20 (without clothing donation).
Donated fashion items are organized and displayed in the designated room/space we affectionately call the "Swap Boutique". We get donations from attendees, retailers and fashion bloggers too!
WHAT TO BRING
- Bring items that are new or once-loved items. Items that are in season are preferred.
- We accept clothing, shoes, purses, belts, scarfs, other accessories and perfume.
- Absolutely NO undergarments, swimwear, makeup or clothing with holes or stains.
- The overall idea, is to bring items that you would be proud to give your best friend.
- We reserve the right to refuse items are do not meet our swap standards.
- On arrival, you will receive a wristband and entry number. This number will be based on your arrival time.
- Drop off your items to the designated Swap Room. Your items will be tagged with you social media information.
- While your items are being sorted, shop with our indie designers, enjoy light refreshments and watch the blogger style challenge fashion competition.
During the first round of the swap, groups of 5 or less enter the "Swap Boutique" to select their three favorite pieces. But they only have five minutes to do so. It is a very intense and careful consideration is given to each piece that is selected.
During the last round of the swap, everyone shops at once. You can take as many items that you can stuff your shopping bag! It gets a little competitive, but it a very fun experience.
Happy swappers with their bag filled with new-to-you fashion!